I must confess that I started to look up some love quotes for this post, and I meant to type www.brainyquote.com, but instead I typed www.brainyquote.quote. YEAH. I am really weary and my eyes are feeling very tired, but still I had to laugh at the irony of that mistake. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at yourself, you know?
So, here are more love quotes gleaned from www.brainyquote.com.
1. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
~ Mother Teresa
2.”The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love.”
~ Henry Miller
3. “The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.”
~ Jean Racine
*** I must comment that I find this quote highly thought-provoking. If you do not feel love, then you are indifferent and do not desire to quarrel. You can disagree and quarrel when you are upset or hurt or frustrated in a love situation. However, a desire for harmony versus strife may lead to less quarreling and more embracing of love in all forms.
4. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”
~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
5. “There are never enough I Love You’s.”
~ Lenny Bruce
6. “There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God’s finger on man’s shoulder.”
~ Charles Morgan
7. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
~ James A. Baldwin
8. “Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.”
~ Thomas Aquinas
9. “Love is a friendship set to music.”
~ Joseph Campbell
10. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.”
~ Barbara de Angelis
11. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.”
~ James A. Baldwin
12. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”
~ Robert Frost
Also, I always appreciate the example of Jesus Christ and His view on love. He was mistreated and spoken poorly about, yet he talked of turning the other cheek and offering forgiveness. That view is often not shared in this world of offense and unkind words. I am inspired by the life Jesus led, and I find Biblical verses on love and forgiveness to be helpful in trying to live life the way that I should.