Inspired by David Kanigan, I also decided to write a post about things and people who I am thankful for. If you are not familiar with David Kanigan, check out his Thankful post. I follow him, and he is always very inspiring and positive, plus he also regularly has interesting charts and cute +/or funny photos in his posts (re: http://davidkanigan.com/2012/04/15/thankful-sunday/).
Without further ado, here are the Things and People Who I am Thankful for:
2. Nature- our Creation is so beautiful, and I am a particular fan of the sky, ocean, beaches, sunsets, and the moon and stars.
3. My family. I love being from a HUGE extended family. Also, being an Aunt of my niece and nephew adds a special joy to my life. I love being a twin, also.
4. I am thankful for my brother Kevin’s new job. He was doing some freelance writing and finding it challenging to break into a more steady job since he graduated from college. The economy is still weaker than I think we all would appreciate, but honestly, I am so grateful for Kevin’s new job (IN HIS FIELD) at a newspaper.
5. I am thankful for WordPress.
6. Taco Bell. And Starbucks. LOL.
7. Redbox free promo code that they sent me by text today.
8. I am thankful for my friend, Amber. She fixed a maintenance issue in my apartment that was incredibly frustrating, and it was stretching out into almost a week. I shouldn’t have to beg for maintenance, and I think I disagree with my landlord about what constitutes a maintenance priority (or border-line emergency). So, kudos to my friend Amber.
9. Music. Sometimes when I am riding in the car with friends and family, and they are driving without music, then I ask them to turn on the radio. Seriously, I can’t imagine a world without music- it would be a dull world, indeed. Music brings color to life.
11. I am thankful that my work blessed all of our front office staff this past Friday by giving us the afternoon off to go celebrate Office Support Professional Day a bit early. I went to a nice restaurant that I normally could not afford (they donated money for us!), and we saw a movie. I got popcorn, too (movie theatre popcorn is the best). Also, THREE of our Deans in the academic program where I work even volunteered to cover the front desk, so we could be off. Is that cool, or what?
12. I am thankful for the new building for my church. Last year, right before Thanksgiving, my church caught on fire. Actually, the investigators said the fire appeared to be arson. It was a horrible time, and we were displaced for about the last four months and meeting in a hotel. We couldn’t have almost any of our normal church activities, and we lost all our of children’s ministry toys and items due to smoke damage due to the fire. But, the awesome part of the story is that my church recently purchased a building (we had been renting the church building where the fire was and sharing it with another church). Now, while we often have yellow construction tape at various places in our building and work is still in progress while we meet there, however, it is coming along. It is a fixer-upper, but the building is our’s. We even have some pretty flowers planted outside. It has been a long road, but things are finally looking up.
14. My new iPhone. It is really cool.
Leave a comment. I want to know what are you thankful for???